Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day



It's Christmas day and only the four of us are at home. It was fun. I did not cook very much which is always great. My husband likes to cook for the holidays and he is getting better with practice.
There was a time when he first started cooking; getting in my way, in the kitchen; telling me how to cook. His days were numbered then. I was wondering how long he expected to live.

So this Christmas Day, my husband cooked an excellent duck, my favorite meat; and I was nowhere to be seen. Duck with port-Cherry Sauce Bon Appetit, Nov. 2000. Epicurious

In days gone by, when I thought I had to help him, he had to have the exact ingredients when he made anything. He always forgot something when he left the store. He would go back to the store several times a day, or send me.  To say the least, it was a painful process.

But this Christmas, when he discovered there were no fruit fresh preservatives for the apples; he, once-in-a-blue-moon, took my advice, and used a substitute: lemon juice.  Making 2 apple strudels which were slightly more sour, but very tasty, that we ate them both in two days. 
He did not stop there. For breakfast he made Crepes Suzette with Curacao liquor which should have been orange in color to match the orange flavor and compliment the yellow eggs. Only finding the blue colored Curacao to mix in the yellow eggs; we ended up with Dr. Seuss's Green (crepes) Eggs. http://kottke.org/09/02/green-eggs-and-ham

He's learning that improvising can be more fun than painful.

The girls and I got our new phones. A htc EVO 4G that goes with our Sprint service. So if you see an unusual phone #714-381-6685 pop up on your phone with no message, it's just me with ADHD fingers... difficulty in performing tasks, hyperactive and impulsive.
While inserting new phone numbers, for some reason, a message would pop up on my phone screen: End Calling.
"End Calling?? 
I don't remember, Start Calling." 
I press:  End...End...END...! 

Something is very wrong with technology that is just short of Hal, a renegade computer: Memorable quotes for
 2001: A Space Odyssey

I changed the ID; to show my name, instead of my mobile number, so it won't be a mystery to you, that I am screwing up again, or maybe, Not. I might be calling you; I just can't get through to you because you won't pick up.



No comments:

Post a Comment