Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Surviving With Montana's Wild Life

My husband sent me this article about a wild, Montana, mountain lion in someone's
backyard. We plan to move there permanently next year.
In the article: An elderly couple was told to shoot the lion to get rid of it.
Naturally, some comments on this site were rather hostile; as
everyone had an opinion, including me. I gave my 2 cents which
turned into 4 cents. I needed to reply to those people who
think they are true Montanans who would not shoot the lion;
while blaming outsiders, like Californians, for being heartless.

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/news/local
_montana/article_a6c7da46-a155-11e1
-8fae-001a4bcf887a.html#user-comment
-area

I find most the comments on this site sad and
clueless. I completely agree with Ggirl;
 that most people on this site are talking
off the top of their head without knowing
 these people who actually lived over 20
 years in Montana.

Let me give you another
 perspective from someone who is from
 California and plans to retire to Montana.
 I am absolutely terrified of the thought
of walking around my house without a
 gun because all the locals warn me
 that it is not safe. This information
 comes from actual Montanans.
 Our ancestors probably shot
first and asked questions later;
 or you would not be here, in
 your gene pool, to talk about
 'wild life' with such ignorance.
 It's not the Californians who
 are killing the fuzzy, cute 'wild'
 mountain lion in their backyard,
 it's the Montanan survivor.

Example:
 My husband and I were driving
 along the Whitefish-Kalispel highway
 and saw a beautiful deer sitting up
 in the grassy ditch. Clearly it was
 hurt, but seemed only injured and
could not walk. We wanted to help
 it. We called a Montanan friend
who said he would take care of it.
 My husband and I thought someone
from the animal humane society would
come by and mend it's leg. That same
 day, that beautiful deer was dead. We
 were shocked and so sad. The deer
seemed so alert the last time we saw it.
The local police stopped by and shot it
for the "food bank" to feed people we
 were told; but for days that deer laid
 there and no one took it away.
Silly Californians.
 Montanans cannot save all the wildlife.
 It's not Noah's Ark. I am sure Montanans
 respect the wildlife, but it's the survivor of
 the fittest and if you don't get it; your survival
 instincts will end your gene pool. There are too
 many deer being killed by cars to save them all.
  We hate it, but are people going to stop driving
 cars; going back to driving covered wagons); or move
out of Montana to save the wildlife?

As Californians, we learn from the locals
how to survive and respect the wild life.
Yes, these people once put a steak bone on their
 porch for their cats that attracted the lion;
or was it the house cats that attracted the lion, first?
The lion got its appetizer, the house
 cats. Dinner is not on the menu. If there is no more
 food and the lion is still hanging around, I have the
 gun; the lion is not a "pet," and any Montanan will
 back me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment