Friday, May 24, 2013

Our U-Haul Trip to Montana

For those of you who said the U-Haul trip to Montana from California would be
an adventure. It's not, as if, I never pitched a tent and walked through the woods
in blinding darkness, looking for a one-holer.
Don't ask me to do it again.

I can't tell which was more exciting: the torrent rains, potholes, or my husband
locking the keys in the truck.

Before we left, we knew that his secretary had her U-Haul stolen with
all of her valuables while it was parked in her driveway. Never seen again.
We took all kinds of precautions. Unbolting the battery at night, parking
the van in view of our hotel window, padlocking the storage door, and
syncing my iPad to remote tracking with the laptop computer in the truck.
Whenever we stopped on the road, I pulled out my pepper spray…all for not.
My guardian angels were watching over us.

Unloading the U-Haul went fast enough, I had time to unpack the library books
and flip through a book, I Am That.
The first page I landed on said that "to be spiritually enlightened is to 'not' want
for food, sex or to be afraid.
I thought, "I Am not That."
If being spiritually enlightened means to be 'void' of fear, physical desires and earthly
things; then this 'enlightened one' knows there is time to be spiritual
after I'm dead.  I will have, nothing but, spiritual time on my hands.

In the meantime, I still have fears of selling this home in California and moving permanently
to Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment