Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The tech World

There are times when I marvel at the world of technology as I don't understand how it works, I just go with the flow.

Earlier today I got a message from my daughter in San Francisco who called me from her cell phone as she was leaving her apartment to look at another apartment at 4 PM.
Prior to leaving, she had E-mailed me the pictures of the apartment. I thought it looked rather old.  She had also said that she had gotten some weird text messages from the landlord in response to her inquiry; as if the person were on drugs. From the E-mail pictures there was a moon and other trinkets nailed to the patio wall.  I thought it could be a hippie pad.  I would know having lived in the 60's; and it is San Francisco.

I didn't worry about it then; until she didn't answer her cell phone after she had seen the apartment.  My first thought was that she was murdered or kidnapped by the landlord.

Around 8:30 PM California time, I get a call from Kim who is in France and just getting up for work around 5:30 AM. I let him know I am concerned about Kathleen not calling me. While talking to Kim on his cell, I get a 'call waiting' beep.  I tell Kim to 'hold' while I take this call, as it could be Kathleen.

The caller said, "Hi Mom, I'm still alive. I'm not dead. I'm in class and that's why I didn't call you back. Dad just texted me to say you were concerned that you didn't hear from me."
I said, "O.K. Thanks. Your dad's on hold."

From Yorba Linda to San Francisco, CA  to France and back again within seconds,  all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment