Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Good Day to Shop

How would I know this is a good day to shop? Hopefully everyone else is someplace else working on their taxes this April 14th day.  You would think I would be too since we owe the government money. REALLY!!!! Those Crooks!

Every day I worry about breaking the law and going to jail and our government makes the laws to protect themselves and then breaks all the other laws that our forefathers put in place.

I already turned in my taxes and paid the bill and I am so happy to do so.

There was a time when I looked forward to getting a check from the government at tax time. As if they were my savings account and holding the money for me when I needed it. Today I know that was a dumb thought.

A few years ago when we ended up paying a very large sum of money to the government, our tax adviser didn't think it was a good idea to owe so much money to the government at tax time; so he advised us to use monthly vouchers to prepay our taxes. I thought that was a worse idea of having to "prepay taxes."  I bitched every time I wrote out a check. Finally towards the end of the year when I looked at the W-2 form, I calculated that we paid enough and maybe too much, so I stopped paying on the vouchers; against the advise of my tax guy and our financial adviser.  I said that I don't need any more advise. I am fed up paying taxes.

The following year, due to the prepaid tax vouches, we thought, we did not pay any taxes and the government owed us. But what was not calculated in the tax returns monies to us on our Tax Form were the over payments we had made on the vouchers.  Evidently, the prepaid tax vouchers and the payroll taxes aren't put in the same piggy bank account. The government kept our voucher tax money for a full year until the following year when the government's stimulus bill took affect.  Our tax adviser had no clue the government owned us back taxes until we got a check 'out of the blue' with a statement from the government saying they have no clue why they have our money.

That's a scary thought, but why am I surprised. Didn't the government audit say the IRS is in a mess.

Since 'Geithner, Daschle, Nancy Killefer, Congressmen Eliot Engel to mention only a few of Obama's favorite tax cheats were all excused, so far, from going to jail. They not only avoided paying taxes, they lied on their tax forms. That would be fraud.
This is setting a 'precedence' for bad behavior that will not go away because this is the new Hope and CHANGE.....Change being what's left in my pocket after tax day.

What was I saying about going 'shopping?"

No comments:

Post a Comment