Sunday, August 8, 2010

Food Shams and Whole Food?

I just got this video from my husband's sister and brother-in-law. Organic foods at Whole Foods are from China. http://www.elephantjournal.com/2010/02/whole-foods-365-organic-made-in-china-an-abc-expose/.
 

All I can say is that I don't shop at Whole foods because they are TOO expensive. The mega store that opened in Santa Ana, California has so much packaged 'junk' foods loaded with sugar and fat; I was surprised at how mega "unhealthy" the entire environment felt. 

My first impression of Whole Foods back in 2003, when my oldest daughter introduced me to them in Los Angeles was of interest as it appeared to cater to people who wanted to live healthier. Although I found that some vegetables were not fresh; not like the ones at my local grocers who don't cater to a mass number of people parading through from other cities because they think they are getting the best quality for their money.

I knew the quality of service deteriorated before they even opened their new mega store in Santa Ana; when my husband ordered an organic turkey for Thanksgiving and Whole Foods never recorded it and they never accepted blame for not ordering it. They just ignored us, as if it never happened. My first thought was that they don't value their customers, so it should not come as a surprise that they think people are like sheep who will follow the organic signs without reading the labels. The labels on the back of the package.

Of course they show the USDA logo next to Made in China, as if  the USDA controls what China sends us; like all those white lead painted toys China shipped to the USA last year.
 

Just today I noticed we bought some products with Canola Oil which I have been trying to eliminate in our diet. Why? 
The Mayo Clinic's explanation is that it's healthy in spite of what you heard, 
but.... it's NOT healthy enough for me.
... Misinformation about the safety of canola oil may stem from the fact that, years ago, oil was produced from the rapeseed plant. Rapeseed oil contains very high levels of erucic acid, a compound that in large amounts can be toxic to humans. The canola plant was developed by natural crossbreeding from the rapeseed plant. Canola oil is produced from canola plants, not rapeseed plants. Canola plants have very low levels of erucic acid. Canola oil is generally recognized as safe by the Food and Drug Administration. In fact, canola oil is very low in saturated fat and has a very high proportion of monounsaturated fat, so it's a healthy and safe choice when it comes to oils. 
Generally meaning without regard to particulars or exceptions.
According to the Mayo Clinic and the FDA: 
            Healthy = lower levels of toxins (erucic acid)

If they crossbreed a toxic plant with a healthy plant, it's no longer considered toxic.
That's not what I hear from the medical profession when humans breed toxic DNA, generally speaking. 








 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment