Monday, November 22, 2010

A Blue Moon...I Should Have Known

A Blue Moon? What were the clues? Maybe, when the automatic garage door stopped working and the shredded carrots spilled out all over the counter top.
I read an article yesterday which was just as long and confusing as most my blogs; so I felt I had company. The author was trying to describe how the description of the Blue Moon came about. After reading a few pages; I think, he was saying, in a nut shell:
In 1937 and 1943, a Blue Moon was described in two ways:
the earlier description was the 3rd Full moon of the Autumn Season falling on November 21.
The Autumn Season full moons fall on: Sept 23, Oct 22, Nov. 21 and Dec. 21.
The latest description being a Second full moon in one month.
He lets you choose which Blue Moon you prefer.

I prefer the one that informs me of immediate disasters ahead.

After my husband spent his Sunday afternoon and evening on November 21 putting in another garage door opener where I ended up helping him the last 2 of the 6 hour bolts and nuts odyssey; everything seemed to work until we tried the wall remote control by the backdoor that had a poor connection. After my husband fiddled with it; it worked last night, but stopped working again this morning.
But not all is blue in the sky, as the car remotes and hand held devices work fine.

Carrying over into the wee hours of Nov 22 ,while making our morning vegetable juice, the container holding the shredded vegetables, fell off it's mound, scattering tiny bits of bright orange particles all over the floor, counter, and phone. Right then I knew it was a full moon; and not just any full moon as it is Once in a Blue Moon that this happens.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment