Friday, January 7, 2011

Montana Flu

Going to Montana, I did everything I could, bordering on paranoia, to keep from getting sick on this trip. I applied sanitizing lotion around my nose and mouth. I washed my hands excessively. I never touched the bathroom knobs or toilet without using paper towels and I still got the 24 hour BUG. I was purging from both ends.
At first I thought it was food poisoning which I have never gotten because I am careful how I prepare food and what I eat.
We were having a lovely candlelight dinner at our designer's home when I felt slightly nauseated. I started blowing up like a balloon. I said I felt slightly faint. I went into their bathroom. If you can imagine a fire hydrate gushing, that was me over the toilet. And it did not stop there. I was gushing from the other end too.
Half the time, I was cleaning up the bathroom; scrub brush and all, until my next trip to that lovely spot. My husband thought it was a riot because I was not in any pain to speak of, as I was wondering around like a lost dog, every few minutes, trying to find a place to cool down or barf.

I felt great afterwards; until I got hot again. Finding a cool spot in their open doorway, staring out into falling snow. Finally, I went to the mud room where it was cool. I had to bend over to keep from fainting.
Finally, I said I needed to go back to the Time-share where we were staying.  I opened their front door, took a few steps onto the snow and barfed 4 times. Staring down at my hostess's orange organic carrot, ginger soup in the white snow, I felt so great. Really!

Our hosts are very health conscious also; so I said, " It's all this healthy eating, that's making me detox. 

We both caught the 24 hour stomach flu while in Montana, but it did not stop us. Although I had the 48 hour flu, purging my system, I felt no real pain, only a slight nausea; and afterward, complete serenity, as if, I was floating on a cloud.

I was lying on the bed just after purging my body for a second day. I remember thinking: I can't remember being so calm; both, mentally ( in a present state of mind) and physically (detoxed). If I died now. I would be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment