Friday, January 7, 2011

The Montana Home

Looking out towards Big Mountain Ski Resort. Our home located just Right on the hillside overlooking Whitefish Lake and the Valley. Facing South.  2010-11

During our Montana trip of 7 below freezing which was not so bad considering we were looking forward to a seasonal change from the rainy winter of California; we checked for moisture in the house before the insulation is installed. Perquisite to avoid future mildew.

As you can see the "great room" with the chimney on the right, is not that great. It's going to be a comfortable home, medium size, for retirement. The pictures are: looking from the library through the great room to the dining/kitchen room on the far side which extends to the outside deck: middle picture.
Yes, there are 2 guest rooms with baths; wine, gym and theater rooms which takes up footage: so we have a lot of small rooms. I told the architect I wanted a home I could walk through; not drive a car through. And sure enough, I can turn around from my stove and be standing at my island. 

We picked out another granite slab for the kitchen Island and counter tops since I am not getting the Blue Louise slab I had dreamed about. The new granite is just as nice with the same colors of blues, rusts and beige; and 1/4 the cost of the Blue Louise, so I get more slab for the buck. With more slabs I can get more counter and wall cover.  The lighter blue slabs, one of which is on the left, will go on all the counters and walls; up the back of the stove to the ceiling. The Right slab which is more colorful, will go on the island.

We should be ready by May 2011.

Flathead Lake, Polson, MT 2010

Main Street Whitefish, Montana 2010-11





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment