Monday, December 19, 2011

And A Christmas Poem was Created

After noticing my friend's perfect Christmas tree decorated with all white crystal ornaments,  it dawned on me that I never insist on decorating a Christmas tree"perfectly." 
I don't know if I have ever seen a Christmas tree like ours with crumbling, doughy, cracked angels barely able to hang onto the tree.


That night,  I started dreaming of a poem about our Christmas tree. The words in the poem didn't sound like me, at all, since I don't use words like, " whatnots" or "nought." 
In fact, I had to look the words up in the dictionary.
It was, as if, some old soul wrote the poem for me; although my oldest daughter gave me some advice on organizing it so I would get the point across. The point of continuing to hang old broken or deteriorating ornaments on our Christmas tree; the ones we made years ago, to hang beside the newly bought ones.  The old handmade ornaments reminds our family of Christmas Pasts when we enjoyed spending creative time together, making ornaments that would not sell in a decent Christmas shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment