Thursday, April 5, 2012

At the CrossRoad of Normalcy

When did I start SHOUTING?
Years ago, I wrote an e-mail to my husband,
capitalizing some words.
He wrote back asking, "Why are you
SHOUTING?"
I said, "I am not shouting. I am
emphasizing words."

I had noticed that most my readers
go brain dead after the second
paragraph. It's called too much information.
 I know because they would always ask me
a question, just after I e-mailed them
the answer. What were they missing?
The part that was not capitalized, obviously.

Unfortunately, I have never mastered
the art of being concise;
and or, knowing what's important.
I once highlighted all the sentences in a
book that I thought the
teacher would ask on an exam.
Taking the test, I did not recognize
one single sentence
I had highlighted.
And there was that one year in psychology
when the teacher gave us a fun quiz of
25 True and False questions.
The topic being: Old Wives Tales.
No one gave a 100% correct answer,
and only one person gave a 100% wrong answer.
'Old Wives Tales' should have told me that
 they were all False, but I was
too young to know.
The other students thought that some of the
questions were right and some were wrong.
I prided, myself, on knowing that I, at least,
got 100 percent of them
wrong.  
The real miracle being that I managed
to make it this far in Life.
Maybe, my teacher didn't have all the right questions.
on his test and the Old Wives Tales are True.

When I got my new Apple computer, I was mad
and couldn't take it anymore.
I started enlarging and capitalizing everything.
My e-mail kept coming in tiny font  
print. This is true on many paper documents today.
What god decided that  tiny  
print
is acceptable as standard?
When we sign a document, we are reminded
to read the small print, not the  tiny print.

It's a conspiracy. Someone
on Capital Hill is lobbying for a
mandate for universal laser eye surgery.

As I continued to capitalize my words,
I have been getting called out on
the political websites where I comment.
One contributor replied:
Your capitalizing button is stuck.
The one that got me: "Stop SHOUTING,
you're hurting my ears!"
I replied:  Sorry. I thought the sound was off.

I am back to NORMAL...
well, maybe, not completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment