Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Room Memory

.."FINALLY! AN EXCUSE Whew! What a relief to learn this...
Ever walk into a room
 with some purpose in
 mind, only to completely
 forget what that purpose was?
Turns out, doors themselves are to blame for 
these strange memory lapses.Psychologists
at the University of Notre Dame have
discovered that passing through a doorway triggers
 what's known as an event boundary in the mind,
 separating one set of thoughts
and memories from
the next. Your brain
files away the thoughts
 you had in the previous
 room and prepares
a blank slate for the
new locale.
It's not aging, it's the door! "

My take from this new information:
 For some Strange Reason, I always
 had a habit of back-tracking into rooms;
 to try to remember what it was I forgot.
Obviously, my mind remembered where
I left it.

 What about those times when we are just
 sitting and talking to someone and our mind goes blank in
the middle of a conservation??
  More research?
I would say memory is like climbing
 a tree. You have to mentally
 go back down the tree to remember the
 reason you went up it. -Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment