Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Garden of Eden and Emotions

I believe the Garden of Eden episode was planned from the beginning by God. If He did not want Adam and Eve tempted by the snake (AKA Satan); then, Satan would never have been allowed in the garden. After all, God created Satan. Was Satan in God's image too? Was that the bad side of God?

If Satan never entered the garden, we would not be here today. God would still be watching Adam and Eve, two asexual people, eating fruit from a tree; completely unaware of their sex organs; that, I assume,  had a purpose.  If not, what a waste of hanging fruit.

But without Satan, there would be no awareness of all of our emotions.
Even as painful as Life became with sorrow and death; these added emotions expands our emotional base to a greater level  of understanding;  that separates us from other animals and mammals on earth. It raises us up to a level of superior intelligence that we would, otherwise, not have, and could not share with others.

We are reminded by the Bible that we are "made in His image" which means, to me, that our body and mind; our emotions are like His.
The Law of Emotional Balance is a conservation law....Conservation laws prevent charged particles from turning back into pure energy until they are neutral. Emotions and electricity may very well be directly tied together so it is not a too much of a stretch, to say that there is a conservation law that governs emotions. There may very well be a reservoir of emotional energy and this reservoir is forced to follow the Law of Emotional Balance and is what humans have come to worship as God...." 

I believe that our emotions swing back and forth like a pendulum; much like Newton's law of physics: for every action there is an equal opposite reaction.

The argument for some, being that physics is not emotions. How can we compared motions with emotions. I say: take out the "e."  They both swing back and forth.  I do have a simple mind.

I believe that the pendulum swings from one extreme to the other for all of us, including God who swings at a greater degree from the center. The pendulum swings from happy to sad; from love to hate, etc..  When I hear that God's love is greater than any human's love than I believe His anger is also as great.

A young Jehovah Witness came to my home when I was in high school.  She said that God is always loving and good.
I said, "Not always."
She kept repeating her words over and over again trying to convince me and probably trying to convince herself as well.  I asked her if she ever heard of the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. 
She said, "No."
So I told her.  That must have been a rude awakening.

Humans have already reach some levels of extreme: the atomic bomb is right up there with the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Although, I don't believe that man can love as much as God loves
or we would not exist today as we have definitely broken all the commandments by now.

But to say I feel happiness only because I can compare it to sadness is not really true, according to some spiritual pundits. I had a revelation last night that if there were no sadness, I could still feel euphoric; although a one-sided emotion; mentally-off balanced, and a little creepy to others.

If I had not been tempted. I would not have had sex. And why did God make it feel so good; if it's suppose to be so bad?

From sex comes children. I would not have had that extended emotion of loving someone with a different kind of love; other than brotherly, sisterly, motherly or fatherly.
I often hear grandparents say they have a love for their grandchild that they had never felt before. It's unlike the love they had for their children. The feeling of sadness a parent feels when a child dies is unlike any other sadness felt.

For now, the pendulum swings toward the good things in life for me; but it will not always swing in that direction. When it swing in the opposite direction, I am sure God will make sure I am not ready for it; but I will not be afraid.  Although after writing this article, I should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment