Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holidays and Celebrations

Now that the holiday season is upon us, I often wonder why I feel a tinge of depression around Thanksgiving. You know that time of year, I should feel thankful.
I think it's the Only time of the year, I don't feel grateful; if only, because it's a National requirement.
I don't think it's just me. All those movies and articles of extended families coming together to squabble around the turkey. It's a ceremonial rite; sacrificing a bird to God when we know He doesn't deserve it. Poor bird.
During Thanksgiving, I think there is just too much identical DNA in one room: It's like looking in the mirror all day long.
However, Christmas doesn't seem that way. The vibes are rather uplifting on that day. It's a celebration of a Life; whereas, Thanksgiving is a celebration of what we have. I think celebrating Life is so much better than being Thankful for everything God gave us; that we didn't want in the first place; mainly some of the relatives we have.
If I could have had everything I wished for while growing up; how could that have been any worse than what God gave me; instead of what I wanted.
I am sure He thought that what I wanted would not have taught me anything from life; whereas, what He tortured me with; I had learned something.
Yes, it did teach me something. It taught me how screwed up God's creation turned out and He's probably very upset too.

No comments:

Post a Comment